Wednesday 20 June 2012

'Mum knows best' - The importance of accessorizing...

When I was a teenager I would constantly grumble to my parents about having nothing to wear - My mother always responded
 by saying the same thing "All you need is a good pair of
 jeans and a crisp white tshirt" of course at time I thought
 this was ridiculous, I wanted tie die dresses,
union jack prints and Dr Martins(I was going through teenage hippy/Geri from the spice girls stage, an odd combination yes,
 but isn't that what being 14 is all about!)


 But as the years have gone on I have found my daily 'uniform' seems to consist of my mum's wisdom, a combination of decent jeans and good quality t-shirts.
Of course I have vamped it up a little to put my own personality and whatever 'style' mood I may be in that day by adding a
choice of my favourite accessories, but it does seem to be becoming a consistent combination of the same things,
my trusty skinny jeans and a 'various' shade of soft, quality stretcht-shirt ('Yaya' and 'Fransa' are great for these) a pretty pair
 of (comfy-work on my feet all day) pumps, a favourite necklace
 or scarf, a chunky bangle or cuff and a blazer (my favourite this season has to be my classic soft oatmeal cotton stretch blazer from Sandwich) and my over sized floppy leather handbag.


So it would appear that 'mum does know best', it's a classic look that has been worn in its own shape and form for decades. But be careful, worn alone the jeans and t-shirt combo can
 look a little dull, you simply HAVE to accessorise,
you can instantly update your look and make it bang on trend
 with your choice of necklace or scarf, an armful of bangles
 and a statement handbag,
(And on days that you want to pretend your a celebrity you MUST wear over sized sunglasses)





Experiment with your accessorizing,
you can be brave and bold with your choices as you
 are working with such an neutral base.

Express your personalty,create your own trend and style...
And most importantly have fun with your fashion!

Love,  The girls at No 17
 x







No comments:

Post a Comment